Moving long distances may seem discouraging and overwhelming, here are a few tips that will help you move both within Florida and to other states:
- Contact the post office and change your address.
– Make sure to fill everything out correctly
– Changes will take several weeks to become permanent
- Get rid of items that could be considered unnecessary
– Good rule of thumb: items that have not been used in three months should probably be sold or given away.
– Donating, selling, or giving away items may help reduce shipping costs
- Organize boxes according to which room they come from
– Label each boxes on the same spot so you know exactly where to look
- Do not forget to plan for the needs of your pets
– Make appointments for their vet before leaving
– Plan a visit to a new vet when you arrive to your destination
– If you are flying, you will need to purchase a ticket for them as well
- Plan your route, mark reasonable distances to stop and rest
– Book hotels for overnight stays to prevent too much fatigue
– Take into account the weather when travelling
– Service your vehicle and do the necessary maintenance prior to travelling
– If hiring a moving company, make sure to transfer valuables yourself
– Keep your Social Security Card, passport, checkbooks, IDs, and inusrance on hand
– Anything difficult or hard to replace should be moved in your own vehicle
- If necessary, transfer banks or open a new account ahead of time
The Free Estimate
One of our Estimators will come out and give you a detailed quote with all the information you provide to them, as well as the amount of furniture being transported. Once all the factors are calculated in we give you a firm quote guaranteed not to change unless changes are made by you, the client. We don't hide fees or change our prices after we are loaded as many other moving companies do.
We can package everything from the silverware and glassware to the clothes in your drawers. We wrap every piece of furniture with padded blankets, use bubble wrap and other supplies to ensure not a scratch or item is ever damaged. We also offer our packaging services for the DIY Movers.
We have all the packaging setups to transport motorcyles, pianos and various other special circumstances items. We have all the latest packaging technologies that protect your items and ensure no damage. No damage means problem free and another satisfied client. If you see your mover trying to move your piano without a piano board that straps it down, stop everything because chances are they are not professional and don't really care for your items.
Loading is the key to a successful move. If the truck is loaded by amateurs and they leave a lot of voids and spaces between the items there's a good chance stuff is going to move around during the haul and get damaged. We only hire experienced handlers who know how to load a truck. We feel it isn't right to teach people how to load a truck at the expense of damaging your property. Our team is 100% experienced and professionals. This is the secret to our success.
The haul is the most important step. Our team of experienced drivers know how to handle their rigs with care and due diligence. Once the truck leaves for the destination, you can be rest assured that the delivery will arrive without any of your items damaged in transit due to our drivers.
Once the truck arrives our staff will walk the interior of the property with you and take directions from you where you want them to put which pieces and boxes. They will start to make a note of the locations to use as a reminder since we don't want them asking you every 5 minutes where do you want this and how about this. Once they have the directions they will begin to deliver your property.
The unloading process is the last leg of the race. Here we unload the items off the truck and put them away for you. They will rebuild and setup anything they took apart and place the items in the locations you, the client, outlined for them in the walk through. Once they are finished they will clean everything up and wish you the best of luck in your new location.